[Orca-dev] changes in number of data points per interval

jontankersleyatsabre at yahoo.com jontankersleyatsabre at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 16 06:42:39 PST 2001

Has anybody thought through dealing with one percol file with more
than one set of data points?  I've noticed at times that orca will
complain (especially if we've done something with disks or network
interfaces) about the wrong number of elements on a data line.  The
code bails out of doing anything with that line.

If there are changes made to the system (new interface, disks, etc.)
and the system is rebooted, there will be multiple heading lines in
the file (or on an unstable system there will be multiple).  This will
cause the data to NOT be plotted.

If it is a new heading line, can we 'reset' things to have it use the
new line (until the next heading line) to count args, etc?

It has really cropped up with my trying to play with getting diskio
stats out of orca.  I have the hooks in, but it is increases the
chance for new heading lines and missing data from the plots.

I've been trying to think it through, but have been having too many
interruptions lately.