[Orca-dev] Re: Updating Orca graphs at longer intervals

Blair Zajac blair at akamai.com
Thu Mar 29 20:30:25 PST 2001

Hi David,

How about something like this:

# Generate plot times specifies the time intervals when Orca will
# generates an image file only once.  If Orca has generated an image
# file in a particular time interval, it won't do so until the next
# time interval.  The interval locations may be specified in the form
#   HH:MM
# or
#   HH:MM/hh:mm/interval_in_seconds
# The second form is equivalent to
#   HH:MM HH:MM+interval HH:MM+2*interval ....
# until hh:mm is reached.  This lets users do something like this:

generate_plot_times 1:00 8:00/18:00/120 23:00

This generates plots at 1 AM, 8 AM to 6 PM every two hours and then
at 11 PM.

Comments welcome.