[Orca-dev] Re[2]: RE[2]: Digest 336

Rusty Carruth rcarruth at tempe.tt.slb.com
Wed Oct 10 15:13:30 PDT 2001

Blair Zajac <blair at orcaware.com> wrote:
> Rusty,
>
> Would you mind sending me a new patch for your new states columns so it can
> go into the next orcallator.se?

Sure.  When do you want to have it done by?

> A couple of requests.
>
> 1) If you could format the lines down to 80 characters, probably by splitting
>    the line into multiple lines, that would be great.
>
>    statetmp = lr_disk$dr.state;      states[0] = state_char(statetmp);
>    sum_states[0] = state_dig(statetmp);

No problem.  (Boy, I'm really spoiled with these nice Sun 21" monitors ;-)

> 2) Use the latest orcallator.se 1.30b1 at
>
>    http://www.orcaware.com/orca/pub/orcallator.se-1.30b1.txt
>
>    to apply the patch to.

Will do.

> 3) I'm thinking of the best names for the new columns.  The 'w' after each
>    character, what does it mean?  I'm thinking of changing it so 's' or 'S'

'Warning'.  I was desperately seeking something that sorta made some kinda
sense ;-)  Better names gladly accepted!

>    for state.  Probably making the column longer, such as Dstate, Nstate,
>    etc would be best and not collide with any other names.

I was thinking of it as warning rather than state, but I can
go with state too.  One thing I think I'd rather do is put them
in such a way that they will tend to sort together, as in StateD,
StateN (or maybe State_D, State_N), etc...  (or, if you go the
direction I was going, Warnings_N).  Comments?

> 4) Do you have orcallator.cfg.in patch to plot the new data?

I've hacked something into my cfg file, but I want to improve it a bit
first - the text on the left margin does not fit...

> 5) Do you have sample plots and a write up that can go into
>
>    http://www.orcaware.com/orca/docs/orcallator.html

Can do (assuming I have time before you need it ;-)

rc