[Orca-dev] Re: Search for final bugs for 0.27

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Tue Oct 23 00:12:10 PDT 2001

Rusty Carruth wrote:

> Blair Zajac <blair at orcaware.com> wrote:
> > Rusty Carruth wrote:

> Orca
> > >
> > > Did you remove that extra information in the warning state message?
> >
> > Remind me which message.  If you could send a copy of it along, that
> > would be great.
>
> The output plot for the warnings has too much text in the description,
> and so the data overflows the right side, getting chopped off.
>
> We changed it so that the longest message was shorter, but its still
> not QUITE enough - go look again at www.getnet.net/~rustyc down at the bottom
> where it says 'orcallator plot' and you'll see the most recent version.
> (I *just now* updated it, as all that hoorah of removing stuff and rerunning
> seems to have done the trick).

Rusty,

I took care of this in the latest Orca source tree I have.  All of the values
fit nicely.  I had to remove the "State" strings.

> I'm trying to decide whether its better to remove the 'state' string
> from the text or to change 'Average' to 'Avg' - what seems like the
> best tradeoff?

I took off state and changed the name of the plot, so hopefully it'll
be clear that it's still the state.

> (For now, I'm going to remove the 'state' string and update the web page
> sometime tomorrow (Tue) if things go well - if this makes no sense,
> wait till tomorrow and you'll see what I mean ;-)

I'll send out an example plot, so I wouldn't waste your time right now.

> > > I'm sorry that my update has not happened.  (The latest plots are for
> > > Oct 8!)  I'm going to kill orca, remove all the files, and restart it
>
> As expected, this did the trick.  After this fun with training I hope to
> have some time to figure out why it does not update...
>
> BTW - do you have all the stuff you need for the state stuff for now?  I know
> I still need to make some web docs, but as I say that won't be anywhere
> near ready until sometime next week...
>
> rc

I'm looking to release it very soon now.

Blair Zajac <blair at orcaware.com> - Perl & sysadmin services for hire