[Orca-dev] Re: sh: pos2man: not found

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Tue Jun 4 11:59:23 PDT 2002

> "Roach, Ryan" wrote:
>
>           Hi,
>
>           I tried to do the configure command with all the options.  Everything went fine until I received this error message.
>
>           cd docs && make install
>           pod2man ../src/orca.pl > orca.man
>           sh: pos2man: not found
>           *** Error code 1
>           make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `oraca.man`
>           current working directory /export/home/GRAPHS/orac-0.27b2/docs
>           *** Error code 1
>           make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `install`
>
>           What am I doing wrong?
>
>           Cheers,
>           Ryan

This is typically an older or misinstalled version of Perl that
doesn't include the pod2man script.

I wouldn't worry about it, unless you actually want the man page
version of the Orca documentation.

However, several workarounds:

1) You can build the HTML and text version by going into docs and
   running

   make orca.html orca.txt

2) You can download the latest podlators package which contains
   pod2man from

   http://www.cpan.org/modules/by-authors/id/R/RR/RRA/

   and install it into your Perl.  As of this email message, the latest
   version is

   http://www.cpan.org/modules/by-authors/id/R/RR/RRA/podlators-1.21.tar.gz