[Orca-dev] Orca Response Time

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Tue Feb 11 19:16:59 PST 2003

"Watkins, Robert" wrote:

> Is it possible to do this with Orca?
>
> Could you check if ORCA has a means for displaying the response time
> (asvc_t) for each controller?  I do not need the information plotted per
> disk, just controller.
>
> The response times can be extracted from iostat with the following command
> in our environment:  iostat -dxnC | grep c[23]$ | awk '{print $8}'
>
> We just need a means for graphing the data where x-axis is time and the
> y-axis is response time in milliseconds.

Robert,

I don't have time to check this out myself, but can give a few clues where
to look.  Do a grep for asvc_t in the /opt/RICHpse/include files and see
if it's there somewhere.  If something there measures it, it shouldn't be
too hard to get it into orcallator.se.

Plots of your system's performance - http://www.orcaware.com/orca/