[Orca-dev] Raw disks (Fiber channel disks) causing Segmentation Faults in 'orcallator.se'

isaac r. izsun at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 14 08:41:56 PST 2003

Hello all,

Got the latest version of Orca and SE toolkit (3.3)
running on Solaris 8 (SF3800's with Sun's T3 storage
and Sun Cluster 3.x/Veritas Volume Mgr.).   Am getting
segmentation faults when starting SE Toolkit with
default 'orcallator.se' RAW_DISK values.  Have been
able to trace it down to a problem with strncmp()
which occurs when handling kstat structures of raw
disks. (For now, I've just uncommented out the
#define USE_RAWDISK     1
parameter).

I am curious as to whether someone has already worked
on a modified version of an orcallator.se to be able
to capture RAW disk statistics on fiber channel disks.

Pls. respond directly as I am not on the list.

Big kudos!
-I