[Orca-dev] Compile ORCA under cygwin on WinNT Time-Hires problem

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Thu Mar 13 07:56:38 PST 2003

ida3248 at vip.cybercity.dk wrote:

> Hello All
>
> I am trying compile ORCA under cygwin on WinNT.
>
> At first had problems with rrdtool, which is now resolved.
>
> The next hurdle is Time-Hires-1.38
> when running perl Makefile.PL is gives:
> Configuring Time::HiRes...
>
> Checking for libraries...
> Checking for -lrt...
> Cannot find writable temporary directory.

Michael,

Funny you ask this.  Time::HiRes 1.43 just came out with this
modification

1.43
        - add c:/temp to the list of temp directories to probe
          so that cygwin (and win*?) builds are happy.  This was
          needed at least in my cygwin 1.3.20/w2k setup.

You can get this version from

http://www.perl.com/CPAN/authors/id/J/JH/JHI/Time-HiRes-1.43.tar.gz

Plots of your system's performance - http://www.orcaware.com/orca/