[Orca-dev] Orca Subversion server upgraded to rev 5254

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Mon Mar 17 12:32:18 PST 2003

Sean O'Neill wrote:

> At 12:29 PM 3/10/2003 -0800, Blair Zajac wrote:
> >Sean O'Neill wrote:
> > >
> > > Those are just some old FreeBSD port package info files - for rev3033
> > > actually.  I also checked out the subversion 5259 code and tried running
> > > autogen.sh.  This version requires libtool 1.4 or higher.  The FreeBSD port
> > > of libtool is currently still at 1.3.4.  I even tried merging back to 5254
> > > but it still requires 1.4+.
> > >
> > > Your edge is bleeding a bit ...
> >
> >Isn't that prehistoric time for 1.3.4 :)
> >
> >Libtool 1.4 was released on April 26, 2001 and RedHat 7.2 came with libtool
> >1.4, released in September 2001.
>
> Yeah, it is prehistoric.  There is a libtool14 port on FreeBSD but, oddly,
> the port distfile is libtool-1.3.4.tar.gz not libtool-1.4.#.tar.gz like I
> would have expected.
>
> I sent the port maintainer an email asking what the deal is.

I just saw this commit to the svn tree:

    Modified:
       trunk/subversion/mod_dav_svn/update.c
    Log:
    It is with great joy that I present what will hopefully be the last
    in a series of commits related to issue 1037 (repository uuids).

    This one removes the sending of UUIDs as part of the update report.
    It is semantically equivalent to the change made in rev 5245 as part
    of the release of 0.19.  However, this change excises the evil code
    rather than simply ifdef-ing a portion of it out.

    This is a reversion of a portion of rev 4916.

    * subversion/mod_dav_svn/update.c
      #include svn_dav.h removed.
      (item_baton_t): Remove uuid member.
      (close_helper): Do not include <S2:repository-uuid> in <S:prop>
       block for updates.
      (upd_set_target_revision): Do not include S2 namespace in
       <S:update-report> header.
      (upd_change_xxx_prop): Do not populate baton's uuid from UUID
      property.

Maybe this version will not require you to upgrade your client.

I'll send out an email when I've upgraded the Orcaware server.

Plots of your system's performance - http://www.orcaware.com/orca/