[Orca-dev] Subversion server upgraded to 0.20.1 (rev 5459)

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Tue Mar 25 20:58:14 PST 2003

Hello all,

I just upgraded OrcaWare's Subversion server to 0.20.1 using revision
5459 of the trunk.

Between 0.19.0 and this release, here are the improvements.  Note that
the Subversion development team guarantees to have the Subversion
server and client interoperate if they differ by at most one interim
release.  So if I'm running a 0.20.1 server, then don't count on a
0.18.0 server from working.  The Y in 0.XX.Y has no effect on this
rule, so a 0.19.0 client will work with 0.20.0 and 0.20.1.

I'll be upgrading the Subversion server at every point release to make
sure that I'm using the latest and best code.  If you need to compile
and install Subversion, I have a Bourne shell script I use to compile
it that I can edit and send out.  You can also use the build tools for
RPMs and for FreeBSD in

http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/packages/

Plots of your system's performance - http://www.orcaware.com/orca/

Version 0.20.1 (released 25 Mar 2003, revision 5453, branches/release-0.20.1)

 User-visible changes:
 * fix svnadmin load bug so that property deletions actually occur

 Developer-visible changes:
 * none

Version 0.20.0 (released 20 Mar 2003, revision 5410, branches/release-0.20)

 User-visible changes:
 * new compatibility rule: require only that each interim release be
                           compatible with the one before it (see HACKING)
 * ra_svn is still new so above rule doesn't yet apply
   (i.e. 0.20 over ra_svn is NOT compatible with previous releases)
 * merge infers the target path (see book chapters 4 & 8)
 * merge continues in presence of missing target file
 * merge's add notifications are no longer duplicated
 * commands can be safely interrupted (Ctrl-C)
 * --encoding global default in ~/.subversion/config
 * new option --editor-cmd
 * begin multi-release transition to escape binary properties over DAV
 * misc performance improvements

 Developer-visible changes:
 * RA vtable functions take pool argument
 * svn-config --includes path fixed
 * uuid at creation now complete
 * start having test failures throw exceptions rather than return errors
 * test suite option --cleanup with --verbose being default mode
 * continued diff library development
 * minor revprop hook changes
 * bug fixes: no diff on binary files (#1019), consistent error messages
   (#1181), version numbers in hook scripts (#1182), win98 codepage (#1186)

Version 0.19.1 (released 12 Mar 2003, revision 5303, branches/release-0.19.1)

 User-visible changes:
 * fix svnserve tunnel mode pipe close bug

 Developer-visible changes:
 * none