[Orca-dev] Question: Values for webserver monitoring

B.Schopp at gmx.de B.Schopp at gmx.de
Thu May 8 01:51:58 PDT 2003

Hi Blair,

> Just try to be as consistent as possible with orcallator's data
> measurements, so we can use the same orca configuration file
> sections.

That was my intention until i found the additional values which are
collected in orcallator.se and not used in the datafiles. I will keep
the known values and add the other ones.

> > Special question regarding the hits/s: Must the vars httpop_* counted in
> > total or
> > would it be enough to use just the httpop_gets as hits?
>
> It should count all of them, unless orcallator.se does it wrong and double
> counts the hits, in which case orcallator.se should be changed.
>
> At GeoCities, knowing the real number of hits was an important number to
> know, irrespective of the types of hits they are.

On such large sites this will be of real interest. In this case i will
simply count
each line of the weblog and collect additionally the types of methods used.

Best,
Burkhardt