[Orca-dev] count Oracle database connections

JV JV711 at comcast.net
Thu May 13 08:06:40 PDT 2004

>(I have also written a patch that counts Oracle database connections for
all
>Oracle databases, dynamically finding all instances; but now I am not sure
>if this is of any value to anybody.)

Dmitry,

Oracle statistics like highwater mark connections is very interesting to my
shop. Do you count LOCAL=YES seperate from LOCAL=NO, and does your code work
with Oracle 7.3.4, 8.1.7, and 9.2? Is the counter re-initialized each "day"
or per-instance startup?

I can provide test cases with my hardware if you need that, I have about 85
Oracle dbs.

JV