[Orca-dev] Some perl syntax issues

Tankersley, Jon jon.tankersley at eds.com
Wed Mar 15 21:22:25 PST 2006

I've been trying to get my multi-consolidation function changes back
into the SVN tree and test them... I had to upgrade Perl to get around a
Storable problem, but am working right ahead.
Then I ran into a problem with
	$VERSION = (substr q$Revision $, 10)/100.0;
I just hacked that one to get back to testing my changes.  $VERSION =
(substr q$Revision: 513$, 10)/100.0;

I've defined some new elements to the %pcl_group_keep_as_array and
%pcl_group_elements in Config.pm and need to reference them from
RRDFile.pm.

What WAS working with the old Orca library files is no longer working
with the new SVN library files...

>From Config.pm:
my %pcl_group_elements         =   (column_description  => 1,
                                    date_parse          => 1,
                                    date_source         => 1,
                                    filename_compare    => 1,
                                    find_files          => 1,
                                    metric_type         => 1,
                                    interval            => 1,
                                    late_interval       => 1,
                                    reopen              => 1);
and
my %pcl_group_keep_as_array    =   (column_description  => 1,
                                    date_source         => 1,
                                    metric_type         => 1,
                                    find_files          => 1);

>From RRDFile.pm
198:   my $metric_type = '';
199:   if
(defined($Orca::Config::config_groups[$self->[I_METRIC_TYPE]]->('metric_
type')[0])) {
200:     $metric_type =
$Orca::Config::config_groups[$self->[I_METRIC_TYPE]]->('metric_type')[0]
;
201:   }
202:   if ($metric_type eq '') { $metric_type = 'average'; }

I'm getting:
Use of uninitialized value in array element at
/usr/local/gnu/test/lib/perl/Orca/RRDFile.pm line 199.
Not a CODE reference at /usr/local/gnu/test/lib/perl/Orca/RRDFile.pm
line 199.

Anybody got any ideas?