[Orca-users] Re: Measureware data files

Blair Zajac bzajac at geostaff.com
Thu Aug 19 11:29:34 PDT 1999

Hello,

tadds at dbn.net wrote:

> From: tadds at dbn.net
>
> I read somewhere in the manuals that Orca can read
> in space separated data files, correct?

Yes, currently it only reads in space separated files, but in
the future it will handle arbitrarly formatted files.

> If so, what modifications do I need to do to setup
> the Orca environment to read in special formatting
> from the measurware data files that are exported
>  and extracted to ascii data files?

Well, you'll probably want to wait for the next version of
Orca or go in and edit the Orca::SourceDataFile class to
handle your specific format.

> I am planning on using Orca as a front-end for
> my programs to just read in the measureware data
> files. Can I just bypass RRD in Orca or would
> I have to make some special adjustments?

RRD generates the GIFs and PNGs, so you cannot skip it.

> During the install of Orca, the process appeared
> to be hung - it locked up at the prompt "
> pod2html > orca.html" - I had to control-c
> to break out of it because it was hung for
> over an hour with no observable progress.
> Does that mean the orca install is corrupt?

No, this just generated a HTML documentation file.  Everything
else should work.