[Orca-users] Re: orcollator dying with long lines in squid log

Paul Haldane Paul.Haldane at newcastle.ac.uk
Thu Nov 4 02:08:23 PST 1999

From: Paul Haldane <Paul.Haldane at newcastle.ac.uk>

That seems to work fine (but see below).  I wasn't sure how to tell
orcallator.se just to read an existing log file, so I just took the
accesslog function and stuck it into my little test program - that
stopped the failure, and that's without your extra code in measure-web
for discarding the remainder of long lines.

Moved to your version of measure_web and it apparently hangs -
shouldn't the getc(stdin) (both of them) in measure_web be getc(www_fd)?

Paul

On Wed, 3 Nov 1999, Blair Zajac wrote:

> Please try the enclosed version of orcallator.se.  It should not
> dump core on the long lines.  Why don't you try it on a short
> test log file to see if it works?
>
> Blair
>

> Paul Haldane wrote:
> >
> > From: Paul Haldane <Paul.Haldane at newcastle.ac.uk>
> >
> > Hi - I've been looking in more detail at my problem with orcollator (1.20)
> > and long lines in the squid access.log file (previous mentioned on the
> > orcahelp list).

  Hey Freelancers:  Find your next project through JobSwarm!
  You can even make $$$ in your sleep by referring friends.