[Orca-users] Re: How to set optimal interval?

Blair Zajac blair at akamai.com
Fri Nov 19 19:11:23 PST 1999

One other thing to realize is that the interval is used in two ways:

1) To specify the rate at which new data is entered into the text
data files that Orca reads.  This tells Orca how long to wait between
data file updates and how long to sleep.

2) To set the interval time for the creation of the RRD data files.

If you truly do have hourly data, then you should set the interval
to 3600 so that the RRD files come out ok.

Hope this helps,
Blair