[Orca-users] HELP: Cannot display disk related graphs

gdallair at criq.qc.ca gdallair at criq.qc.ca
Tue Apr 11 12:01:39 PDT 2000

Hi,

I have installed ORCA and I am trying to use it to monitor two hosts.

SE is configured and running on both hosts. I am NOT using NFS (and
do not want to) and I am transfering the orcallator from the remote
node to the node running orca with rsync, once per hour.

I am running orca -o -v my_config_file once per hour as well

All seems to be ok except for all the disk related graphs that do not
display correctly. I have a LOT of disks here, approx 20 disks per
hosts. I am using disksuite too on some file systems.

There seems to be some problem with the way orca is naming the html
files and png files, for example, I have files with names like:

o_disk_runp_c1t6d0,o_disk_runp_c0t0d0,o_disk_runp_c0t1d0,o_disk_runp_m
d11,o_disk_runp_md12,o_disk_runp_md10,o_disk_runp_md101,o_disk_runp_md
102,o_disk_runp_md100,o_disk_runp_md21,o_disk_runp_md22,o_disk_runp_md
-xxYImAwgyRnI3L5j8ThUTQ-yearly.html

This is a very LONG file name... And what about the
xxYImAwgyRnI3L5j8ThUTQ part of it ? What is it ?

On the machine that this file is probably tied to, I have the
following devices mounted:

/dev/md/dsk/d100
/dev/md/dsk/d10
/dev/md/dsk/d20
/dev/dsk/c2t11d0s2
/dev/dsk/c4t5d0s2
/dev/dsk/c3t6d0s2
/dev/dsk/c3t15d0s2
/dev/dsk/c5t2d0s2
/dev/dsk/c4t3d0s2
/dev/dsk/c4t4d0s2
/dev/dsk/c2t5d0s2
/dev/dsk/c5t4d0s2

There are many problems here:

a) D101 and D102 for examples should not show (or be included in the
file name) because they are submirrors of D100 (Same for D21, D22
D11, D12, submirrors of D20 and D10) and they will show the same
numbers of IO's as the mirror itself.

b) Where are the other devices in the filename (Eg: c3t15d0s2,
c4t3...) ?

Also, there seems to be 3 kinds of filenames in the orca web
directory, 1 filename without the 'hostname' prefix, and 1 filename
prefixed by each of my hosts.

Ex: File o_some_file_name...
         o_myhost1_some_file_name...
         o_myhost2_some_file_name...

What is the file without hostname ? Is it the SAME file as the one
with the hostname where orca is running ?

Thanks

You can win $1000!
Time-limited offer.  Enter today at:
http://click.egroups.com/1/2864/7/_/_/_/955479703/