[Orca-users] Re: R=?iso-8859-1?Q?=E9?=p. : Re: Further Info

Guy Dallaire gdallair at criq.qc.ca
Wed Apr 12 08:13:10 PDT 2000

Out of the question here. Not that I dislike apache, but we already have so many integration problems with oracle products that I won't add more stuff to the problems pile...

I would much prefer an orca solution (At least we have control)

Thanks anyway for the tip, I was actually trying to do a search on metalink but the web site is (again) busy/broken

Guy Dallaire
Centre de recherche industrielle du Québec
Ste-Foy, QC, Canada
Phone: (418) 659-1550 x 2612
e-mail: gdallair-nospam at criq.qc.ca

Note: remove "-nospam" from my e-mail

>>> maxsec at totalise.co.uk 00-04-12 11:08:51 >>>
Guy

not a fix, but a workaround

Oracle doc Note:68682.1 tells you how to replace the inbuilt NCSA http
server with apache to get around this sort of problem with the web
server.

http://support.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showDocument?p_database_id=NOT&p_id=68682.1

Martin

Guy Dallaire wrote:

> From the web server log:
>
> xx.yy.124.160 - - [12/Apr/2000:10:31:17 -0400] "GET /sarge/o_produc_disk_runp_
> c1t6d0,__disk_runp_c0t0d0,__disk_runp_c0t1d0,__disk_runp_md11,__disk_runp_md12,_
> _disk_runp_md10,__disk_runp_md101,__disk_runp_md102,__disk_runp_md100,__disk_run
> p_md21,__disk_runp_md22,__disk_-NbroWpHa_e9dlyvDxbyilA.html HTTP/1.1" 404 99
>
> AS you can see, we get a NOT FOUND from the web server. Web server is oracle application server 4.0.7.x. I've done some tests with different filename sizes and it seems to start barfing at around 128 characters or so. I wonder if there is a way to have orcallator/orca create filenames with a length < 100 characters ? If so, where should I modify something and will it be included in a future release ?
>
> THANKS A LOT
>
> Guy Dallaire
> Centre de recherche industrielle du Québec
> Ste-Foy, QC, Canada
> Phone: (418) 659-1550 x 2612
> e-mail: gdallair-nospam at criq.qc.ca
>
> Note: remove "-nospam" from my e-mail

> Sometimes there is a problem with the server and it can't open
> the files.  Have you looked at the error log?
>
> Blair
>
> gdallair at criq.qc.ca wrote:
> >
> > The proble seems related to the length of the filenames produced by
> > orca. If I rename the filenames to something shorter like 'a.html',
> > everything seems to be ok.
> >
> > There seems to be a problem in Internet exploder and Netscrape that
> > prevent the browsers from opening very long urls...

> > Easter Made Simple
> > Click Here ->
> > http://click.egroups.com/1/3122/7/_/_/_/955480612/
> Enter to WIN one of 10 NEW Kenmore Ranges!
> Only at sears.com

> Enter to WIN one of 10 NEW Kenmore Ranges!
> Only at sears.com

You can win $1000 at eGroups!
Time-limited offer.  Enter today at:
http://click.egroups.com/1/2863/7/_/_/_/955552215/

eGroups + great entertaining = An Unforgettable Easter
Click Below to see how
http://click.egroups.com/1/3124/7/_/_/_/955552464/