[Orca-users] orca startup errors with gigabit ethernet

john.mastin at bms.com john.mastin at bms.com
Wed Feb 16 12:40:44 PST 2000

From: john.mastin at bms.com

Hi everybody!

I'm relatively new to using orca and I've run into a problem.  I'm using
orca 0.25, and the SE toolkit 3.1 (pre-fcs) with the gigabit ethernet patch
(which is new kstat.se and netif.se files).  When I fire up the orcallator,
I get the following message:

bitbucket1# sh /etc/init.d/orcallator start
Writing data into /var/orca/bitbucket1/
Starting logging
Fatal: subscript: 10 out of range for: GLOBAL_net[10]: Near line 178

I suspect that it has to do with the number of interfaces listed in the new
netif.se.  Anyone know of the fix for this?  orca works fine with this setup
on other boxes without the gigabit ethernet interfaces.

Regards,
Johnny

Get what you deserve with NextCard Visa. ZERO. Rates as low as 0.0
percent Intro APR, online balance transfers, Rewards Points, no hidden
fees, and much more. Get NextCard today and get the credit you deserve.
Apply now! Get your NextCard Visa at