[Orca-users] Making Orca run at boot

Bould, Jason Alan bould at uillinois.edu
Fri Feb 25 12:29:29 PST 2000

From: "Bould, Jason Alan" <bould at uillinois.edu>

I installed Orca/orcallator on a Soalris 2.7 box.  I use the "make
orcallator_run_at_boot" option to make orcallator run when the machine
boots.  How do I make Orca run at boot?  I tried creating a script S99orca
and K01orca that is very similar to the orcallator scripts.  Orca will then
run at boot, but orcallator won't.  If I kill the booted Orca process,
orcallator starts up automatically.  I placed S99orca in /etc/rc3.d and
K01orca in .etc/rc0.d.  Below is my script:

#!/bin/sh

prefix=/usr/local
exec_prefix=${prefix}
bindir=${exec_prefix}/bin
libdir=${exec_prefix}/lib

case "$1" in
'start')
	if [ -x $bindir/orca ]; then
		umask 022
                ulimit -n 256
                rm -rf $libdir/orcallator.cfg.lock
		$bindir/orca -v $libdir/orcallator.cfg
	else
		echo "$0: $bindir/orca does not exist or is not executable."
	fi
	;;

'stop')
	# if [ -x $bindir/stop_orcallator ]; then
	#	$bindir/stop_orcallator
	# fi
	;;

*)
	echo "Usage: $0 { start | stop }"
	exit 1
	;;

esac
exit 0
---------------------------------------

If anyone has successfully gotten Orca to run at boot with orcallator, I'd
appreciate your input.  I've never tried to cause a service to start at
boot, so any insight would be valuable.

Thanks,
Jason Bould

Get what you deserve with NextCard Visa! ZERO! Rates as low as
0.0% Intro APR, online balance transfers, Rewards Points, no
hidden fees, and much more! Get NextCard today and get the credit
you deserve!  Apply now! Get your NextCard Visa at:
http://click.egroups.com/1/966/5/_/576712/_/951510571/