[Orca-users] RE: Disk run % graphs don't seem right...

Greg Winn winngre at cscoe.ac.com
Fri Feb 25 15:47:04 PST 2000

From: "Greg Winn" <winngre at cscoe.ac.com>

Very true, thought about that after hitting send... I suppose one could
start coding a modification to include the legend format in the orcallator
config file and make it graph specific, but after thinking about it that
doesn't sound useful.  When RRDtool uses the %lf format it has already
converted the value to a number that will be appended with a 'u' or 'm', so
I can't just specify the field on the decimals.

Another question, and it may be my lack of experience with RRD again. If I
have percol files for a time period prior to the last update, but presently
the RRD is not filled in with data for that time, can I add it back in? For
example, orca was stopped for a period of time and when it was started again
it didn't have the path to gunzip, and so it didn't process the previous
days percol file (it had been compressed and was therefore unreadable), it
read the current day's percol file and started feeding data in again.  After
correcting the path, and uncompressing the file, I have tried manipulating
the orca.state file to try and get the data in but I'm not making any
progress.

Is it me or does the search function of the mailing list(s) not return
anything but mailing list categories/groups and descriptions?

Thanks,
-Greg