[Orca-users] Re: setup for monitoring multiple servers - was: problems compiling orca

dave.pyles at boeing.com dave.pyles at boeing.com
Tue Jul 4 14:12:19 PDT 2000

I searched the orca-users archives for qfe. I found the -DMAX_IF post
and tried it but no difference. I also saw the references to other
net*.se scripts that had the same results - confirmed for me also. I
tried also doing a ifconfig qfe1 plumb up, but no help. I guess I'll
send an e-mail to the SE toolkit developers next since it happens
with their scripts also.

--- In orca-users at egroups.com, dave.pyles at b... wrote:
> I have been playing with a server setup - I shared /opt/orca
> and /opt/RICHPse and mounted them from the server. I got
> orcallator.se to start up after a chmod
> 777 /opt/orca/var/ora/orcallator/myserver - it then started and
wrote
> a myserver.pid file but nothing else. I did a truss and determined
> that it was stuck in a loop:
> ioctl(4, KSTAT_IOC_CHAIN_ID, 0x00000000)        = 646
> ioctl(4, KSTAT_IOC_READ, "qfe1")                = 646
> over and over...
> qfe1 is currently unused - part of a trunk that is not currently
> enabled, but will be. There are also other unused qfes. I tried
> editing /opt/orca/lib/orcallator.se and adding a // to #define
> WATCH_NET, with no luck. I would guess the problem is in the
> initialize routine, but I don't want to mess with it. So I'm stuck
> again, back to reading the archives of orca-users. Is there a
> workaround to tell orcallator to ignore unused qfes or something?
>
> Dave
>

> --- In orca-users at egroups.com, dave.pyles at b... wrote:
> > I had to go to the server that I was nfs mounting perl from and
> > install the modules there, I got everything to work after that.
> Nice
> > tool!
> > Now that I have it running on my workstation successfully, I need
> > get it set up on some servers. I'm not clear on the setup to
> monitor
> > multiple servers. I guess I need to set up the SE toolkit on the
> > servers, but I am unsure on how I collect the data to my orca
> machine
> > and keep the data seperate. Can the web server also be elsewhere
> from
> > the orca machine? Do I share out a location for the monitored
> servers
> > to collect my orcallator.se files and share out another location
> for
> > a web server to mount and see the html files? I was thinking of
> using
> > my workstation to process the data from orcallator.se and create
> the
> > html files, will this overload my workstation?
> > I haven't seen any documentation in the setup that explains these
> > configurations, can you point me to some? I'm still perusing this
> > message board looking for this info also.
> >
> > Thanks for your help!
> > Dave

10% off Windows 2000 or Linux Certification training!

Be one of the first 5000 people to visit
http://www.cyberstateu.com/partner/info.html.
Fill out the form for more info and you will receive a 10% discount on
Windows 2000 or Linux training and the chance to win free training.
http://click.egroups.com/1/5933/13/_/804404/_/962745142/