[Orca-users] Re: Solaris 8: Problems installing RICHPse

Martin Hepworth maxsec at totalise.co.uk
Mon Jul 17 00:31:03 PDT 2000

Karl Rossing wrote:

> When i run pkgadd -d RICHPse i get the following error:
>
> SunOS 5.8 is not supported by the SE Toolkit
> pkgadd: ERROR: request script did not complete successfully
>
> I'm sure i'm missing something simple.
>
> Karl
> Still looking for the complete Application Server solution?
> Find answers and a $75 gift certificate at the Intraware App Server
> Webinar. Sign up at:

Karl

A 'known' issue with the SE toolkit. The boys are working on a fully
working Solaris 8 version. In the meantime just link the Solaris 7 to a
Solaris 8 named version (you'll get the idea once you look at the
filenames).

Blair (the Orca developer) posted a 'patch' 3 July from the SE guys that
does this for you, search the mail-list archives or drop me a direct
mail and I'll forward it to you.

SE 3.2 will work with Solaris 8, but don't hold your breath for this, as
I guess work commitments are taking priority for the developers.

Martin