[Orca-users] Alternative for Orcallator?

Olivier Schotgerrits olivier at innovation.kpn.com
Tue Jun 20 05:16:09 PDT 2000

I'm trying to use Orca to monitor the CPU and disk usage of two Linux mail
servers. I understand that Orcallator is needed to collect this data. The
problem is that I don't have a Sun system available to run Orcallator. So
for the alternative I did some basic bash scripting on both mail servers to
get these values each in a single file. When I feed these files to Orca, it
will draw a nice graph. Unfortunatly I can't seem to find a way to automate
this process by sending the files to the machine which runs Orca.

Now I wonder how does Orcallator get its data from remote (Linux) machines?
Is this done via SNMP-get and/or MIB variables? I couldn't find any
information on this. Any info on this is much appreciated.

Cheers,
Olivier

   (-: Hiroshima 45, Tsjernobyl 86, Windows 98 :-)
Olivier Schotgerrits     Toestelnr.: (070 - 3)71 12 61
KPN BBT/IP P&D IP+       Fax :       (070 - 3)71 13 47
gebouw:HV4 kamer:A781    e-mail: olivier at innovation.kpn.com
Regulusweg 1
2516 AC 's-Gravenhage, The Netherlands