[Orca-users] Re: Problem with warm_email

Paul Haldane Paul.Haldane at newcastle.ac.uk
Thu Mar 2 07:55:47 PST 2000

From: Paul Haldane <Paul.Haldane at newcastle.ac.uk>

orca isn't finding the gunzip program - presumably you've got a smaller
PATH set when running from cron than when using orca interactively.

Either change your shell startup files so that you do have a decent PATH
when running from cron or (perhaps clearer) write a small shell script
which sets the PATH explictly before calling orca and call then from cron

eg

#!/bin/sh
PATH=/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/gnu/bin:$PATH
# make sure that the PATH setting includes the directory
# where you have gunzip installed
export PATH
/usr/local/progs/orcallator/bin/orca -o /usr/local/progs/orcallator/lib/orcallator.cfg

Stick the above in a file, make it executable and call that from cron
instead.

Paul

--
Paul Haldane
Computing Service

On Thu, 2 Mar 2000, Philippe Benchemoul wrote:

> I think that it's hapen only when I  run orca by crontab with the
> command:
>
> /usr/local/progs/orcallator/bin/orca -o
> /usr/local/progs/orcallator/lib/orcallator.cfg
>
> Can't exec "gunzip": No such file or directory at
> /usr/local/progs/orcallator/bin/orca line 220.
> Use of uninitialized value at /usr/local/progs/orcallator/bin/orca line 1180.

MAXIMIZE YOUR CARD, MINIMIZE YOUR RATE!
Get a NextCard Visa, in 30 seconds!  Get rates as low as
Apply NOW!
http://click.egroups.com/1/2122/5/_/576712/_/952012555/