[Orca-users] Re: Varying number of columns in data.

Allen Canning canning at colltech.com
Fri Mar 3 12:33:51 PST 2000

From: Allen Canning <canning at colltech.com>

On Fri, 3 Mar 2000, Blair Zajac wrote:

> From: Blair Zajac <blair at akamai.com>
>
> That sounds great.  Actually, to be smart, it should check if the
> columns name change, even if the numbers do not.  I don't believe
> orcallator handles this case right now, but it should.

What it does is look for the "/^ timestamp/" string on a
line, if it sees that then it increments a counter and
starts writing to a new file.  That way the
header/description line is still included in the file.

--
Allen
                             |      http://www.colltech.com

GET A NEXTCARD VISA, in 30 seconds!  Get rates as low as 0.0%
Intro or 9.9% Fixed APR and no hidden fees.  Apply NOW!
http://click.egroups.com/1/937/4/_/576139/_/952115637/