[Orca-users] Re: orca startup errors with gigabit ethernet

Johnny Mastin john.mastin at bms.com
Mon Mar 6 12:34:24 PST 2000

From: "Johnny Mastin" <john.mastin at bms.com>

I found out what was going on here.  se checks for all interfaces,
whether they are fired or not.  On this box, I had 9 interfaces.
When I added the gigabit ethernet workarounds, it bumped it to 11.
Well, it didn't increment MAX_IF to 12, se kept it at 10.  This is
a built-in that can be modified on the command line.  So, I changed
the command line in start_orcallator to include -DMAX_IF=11 and she
worked like a charm!

If you want to find out what the limits are set at run this se script:

  main()
  {
    printf("MAX_DISK = %d\n", MAX_DISK);
    printf("MAX_IF   = %d\n", MAX_IF);
    printf("MAX_CPU  = %d\n", MAX_CPU);
    printf("MAX_INTS = %d\n", MAX_INTS);
  }

Johnny

PS: Special thanks go out to Rich Pettit, who pointed me in the
right direction!

--- In orca-help at onelist.com, john.mastin at b... wrote:
> Hi everybody!
>
> I'm relatively new to using orca and I've run into a problem.  I'm
using
> orca 0.25, and the SE toolkit 3.1 (pre-fcs) with the gigabit
ethernet patch
> (which is new kstat.se and netif.se files).  When I fire up the
orcallator,
> I get the following message:
>
> bitbucket1# sh /etc/init.d/orcallator start
> Writing data into /var/orca/bitbucket1/
> Starting logging
> Fatal: subscript: 10 out of range for: GLOBAL_net[10]: Near line 178
>
> I suspect that it has to do with the number of interfaces listed in
the new
> netif.se.  Anyone know of the fix for this?  orca works fine with
this setup
> on other boxes without the gigabit ethernet interfaces.

as low as 0.0% Intro APR and no hidden fees.
Apply NOW!
http://click.egroups.com/1/975/5/_/576712/_/952374885/