[Orca-users] Re: Question on non-daily graphs

Blair Zajac blair at akamai.com
Wed Mar 8 12:02:57 PST 2000

The long answer is to read the RRDtool manual pages that go into
this in quite detail.

The short answer is that time is divided into X second chunks,
where X is defined by the RRDtool user.  X here is 300 seconds
for the daily plot, 30 minutes for the weekly plot, 2 hours for
the monthly plot, and 1 day for the quartly and yearly plots.
The intervals are split where time % X == 0.  Over the interval
the average of the data is plotted.

Blair