[Orca-users] Questions: A couple of questions regarding warning messages and NFS server stats

Sean O'Neill sean.oneill at appnet.com
Tue Mar 28 08:14:30 PST 2000

From: "Sean O'Neill" <sean.oneill at appnet.com>

To start with, I'm running Orca 0.26.

1) Warning message:

 <<Orca: file `/usr/local/var/orca/orcallator/dragon/percol-2000-03-27'
did exist and is now gone.>>  <<Orca: file
`/usr/local/var/orca/orcallator/dragon/percol-2000-03-27' did exist and
is now gone.>>  <<Orca: file
`/usr/local/var/orca/orcallator/dragon/percol-2000-03-27' did exist and
is now gone.>>

This message is being generated by the /usr/local/lib/Orca/SourceFile.pm
file.  I assume this means that the orca script isn't reading the file
anymore because the file got gzip'd.  The emails happen a few minutes after
midnight which is when the previous day's data file gets zipped ... I
assume.  This doesn't indicate a problem does it ?  I think it doesn't
because the graphs are being generated correctly.

2) NFS Server / Client Stats

Do these stats work for other folks ?  I have this running one of my NFS
servers and the only stats getting updated is NFS Client stats.  The NFS
Server stats are not being update at all even though there is a low constant
NFS traffic stream coming into this server from the other systems mounting
my users home directories from this system.

Any ideas ?

Sean O'Neill
AppNet, Inc.
sean.oneill at appnet.com