[Orca-users] Negative TCP throughput

Bruce Johnson bjohnson at mail.photonet.com
Wed May 31 11:58:02 PDT 2000

Last week, I was asked to report the total TCP throughput for a bunch
of our servers, and I duly went off and tallied up a bunch of stats
for the IO.  The guy came back to me and asked why were some of the
numbers negative.  I looked, and sure enough, in the original data
reported by orcallator.se, there were negative numbers.  It appears
that some sort of sign-bit rollover is occurring.  Has anyone else
observed this?