[Orca-users] RE: FW: Capacity Planning

Peter Viertel peter.viertel at it-action.com
Wed Nov 8 23:18:51 PST 2000

you need more RAM.

A happy system never scans. In the real world you can put up with about 200 scans/s. (per Adrian Cockcroft - Red Porsche book).

So first of all - audit you RAM usage, is the app leaking? or are the DBA's taking too much shared memory and not leaving enough for the kernel.

If all else fails try more RAM in 2G steps until it goes away.