[Orca-users] Re: Aggregate of all CPU's?

Mick Sheppard mick at tbcs.co.uk
Thu Nov 16 02:03:39 PST 2000

Steve/Norm,

I've just been requested for this sort of information from my
management. Could you let me have a copy of the script and I'll
see if I can contribute to getting something working well.

Mick Sheppard

--- In orca-users at egroups.com, Steve Gilbert <gilbert at c...>
wrote:

> Norm,
> 	I'm doing something very similar to this right now with some
> Linux clusters.  It sounds like your management is wanting the
same
> thing mine is.  I should be done sometime mid next week, and
I'll send
> you my script...although you might want to remind me...don't
rely on
> my memory :-)  I'm using SNMP to poll the Linux boxes, but I
would try
> to stick with the SE toolkit for Solaris machines.  The stuff I've
> written is nothing profound (I'm definitely more of a sysadmin
than
> a programmer), but maybe it will help you in some way.
> 	Now we just need to convince some talented programmer to
take
> glibtop or whatever and create a truly platform-independent
orcallator :-)

> > There's no easy way to do this in Orca.  You'll need to take
the
> > data from each server, aggregate them together yourself, and
then
> > put this aggregated data into Orca.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Blair
> >

> > Norman Macaraeg wrote:
> > >
> > > I meant the aggregate CPU usage across different physical
boxes.
> > > Let me know if this can be done.  Thanks!
> > >
> > > -Norm

second is shown

management how loaded

graph/average.  I