[Orca-users] Re: Aggregate of all CPU's?

Etienne Lebel elebel at recruitsoft.com
Thu Nov 16 11:27:13 PST 2000

I'm interested by your script.

Etienne Lebel
Configuration Manager
Recruitsoft
@: elebel at recruitsoft.com
': (418)524-5665 #239

- -----Original Message-----
From: Steve Gilbert [mailto:gilbert at cs.utk.edu]
Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2000 2:23 PM
To: Orca Users
Cc: mick at tbcs.co.uk
Subject: [orca-users] Re: Aggregate of all CPU's?

> I've just been requested for this sort of information from my
> management. Could you let me have a copy of the script and I'll
> see if I can contribute to getting something working well.

Hey everyone.  Sorry for vanishing...I've had some hectic weeks.
Anyone who was interested in seeing my script, please write me
again, and I will send it on.  Mick, I will send your copy in just
a minute.  I know some folks have already written me, but I'm a
scatterbrain when it comes to saving email, so you should write
me again.  I would just post it here, but for some senseless
political
reasons, I'd rather just give it out on an as-requested basis.

To recap, we have several clusters of Linux machines for which the
local powers-that-be want to see some basic performance data.  They
only care about seeing an average of all the machines in each
cluster.
My script reads a list of active machines from a DB file, polls each
machine via UCD SNMP (now called Net SNMP) for some basic stats,
generates a mean of all the returned data, and writes an entry to
a percol-* file as orcallator does.

My script is nothing profound, and a lot of it is site-specific, but
it might be useful as a guideline at least.  There is still some
functionality that I want to add...graphing the number of machines
that are up in each farm is the first thing.  I'm also going to start
graphing disk usage and some other things, but that's just a matter
of getting the right info from SNMP.

Oh, and before anyone starts telling me...yes, I know I write Perl
that looks like C code :-)

Steve Gilbert
gilbert at cs.utk.edu

http://click.egroups.com/1/9183/5/_/804404/_/974402565/