[Orca-users] Scaling Issues

Nick Higginbotham nick.higginbotham at csfb.com
Tue Nov 28 06:31:00 PST 2000

I have a fairly large installation of Orca consisting of approx.350
Solaris 2.x machines.

Orca v0.26
orcallator.cfg v1.25

Although the product has been very stable and proved very useful I
have experienced one very frustrating problem, albeit on a small
number of clients.

Some plots seem to be incorrectly scaled (Load average for example
goes all the way up to 600m which seems a little excessive :-) )

I have tracked this down to what I think is a problem when the number
of columns changes. It seems Orca tries to read the header as a data
value.

If anyone has seen this problem or better still has a solution I
would be very grateful for any advise.

Thanks in advance,
Nick.

eLerts