[Orca-users] Re: Initial install /configure question

Mark Lin linmark at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 5 06:55:13 PDT 2000

Doesn't free up the window?    well the way i did it is use it in the cron
job.  I run it every 15 minutes with something like:
15 * * * * /usr/local/bin/orca -o /usr/local/lib/orcallator.cfg &

You could direct the out put to some log file so if it's not running
properly or orca's lock directory still exist when you run it, you can see
info.   Or you can always just add '&'  to make it run in the background.
I think by default without using -o flag, orca will sleep itself for 5
miuntes then do the plotting again.

Hope I give you some clue.. :)
Mark

>From: "The Spikeman" <spike.burkhardt at ros.com>
>To: orca-users at egroups.com
>Subject: [orca-users] Initial install /configure question
>Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2000 21:22:18 -0000
>
>Hi all,
>   I have just finished configuring ORCA I think.  I have ORCA 2.95.2
>running on Solaris 2.6.  I got all the way through  the steps as
>listed in the INSTALL file.  On the last step it says to run orca.  I
>am using orcallator.se so I did that.
>
>   I guess I'm not sure of the this step is doing.  I specified to
>start orcallator run at bootup.  The ./bin/orca -v lib/orcallator.cfg
>just appears to be running and doesn't free up the window.  Is this
>supposed to happen?  Did I configure it incorrectly?
>
>Thanks!

http://profiles.msn.com.

Your family still won't know what you do.  At least they'll know where.
The resources, brainpower & breadth of opportunities at Microsoft are
unmatched. The only question is are you ready for that kind of impact?
http://click.egroups.com/1/9223/13/_/804404/_/970754115/