[Orca-users] Re: Counting Proxy/Web processes

Blair Zajac blair at akamai.com
Mon Oct 30 13:03:42 PST 2000

The WEB_SERVER environmental variables gets passed to orcallator.se
where it is used with the SE =~ operator to match against the process
name.  I think this is a generic regular expression match.

Have you tried setting WEB_SERVER to 'ns-proxy' instead?  Are all of
the processes named './ns-proxy'.

Is this the Netscape proxy?  Isn't a multithreaded server, in which
case there may only be one process?

The last thing to do is to write a little SE script using the
count_proc function that orcallator.se uses.  You'll need to add the
appropriate header files, etc to get this to compile and run.

int count_proc(string name)
{
  int        count;
  prpsinfo_t p;

  count = 0;
  for (p=first_proc(); p.pr_pid != -1; p=next_proc()) {
    printf("%s\n", p.pr_fname);
    if (p.pr_fname =~ name) {
      count++;
    }