[Orca-users] Load Average - 15 min larger than 1 min

Tim Ebbers tebbers at bdis.net
Tue Sep 19 11:14:41 PDT 2000

 Hello,
I have a concern with the way load average is being calculated.  It seems that on a couple of my servers, the 15 min average is higher in load than the 1 min and the 5 min averages.
My question is how can a 15 min average be highger than both the 1 min and the 5 min averages?  I would expect, due to the law of averages, that the 1 min and 5 min be higher than the 15 min average. What am I missing.
Thanks for the help
Tim Ebbers