[Orca-users] newbie question about how to disable network card checking.

linmark at hotmail.com linmark at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 26 07:56:13 PDT 2000

Hi,
   I just recently installed Orca which I must say is an excellent
program.  Now I just need something to make it all perfect.  Our sun
enterprise 250 has three network card, ge0, ge1, and hme0.  We only
use the gigabit ethernet card, hence we dont want Orca to collect data
from other cards.  I've installed gigabit ethernet patch from SE 3.1
and Orca shows their statistic after I patched SE.  But Orca also
shows info about hme0 and hm1 which is a little annoying.  I look over
orcallator.cfg, there are plot {......} statments for hme0 and hme1,
but I do not think i could modify those because I am using the same
orcallator.cfg to monitor 5 hosts and some of them do have hme0 and
hme1.  So, my question is, is there any way I can disable certain
network interface on specific hosts while not disturbing other host
using the same orcallator.cfg? Or if i can modify orcallator.se so it
only searches ge0 and ge1?  I am having one server doing the command
`orca` only,  while the monitored hosts push their data to the server.

thank you for the time,
Mark

No blistered feet. No crowd. No travel. Intraware invites you to attend
a virtual tradeshow: Ensuring Scalable and Secure E-Business Systems.
http://click.egroups.com/1/9219/13/_/804404/_/969980182/