[Orca-users] Re: Orca and defunct processes on Solaris 8 [Sparc]

Blair Zajac blair at gps.caltech.edu
Fri Aug 17 10:12:47 PDT 2001

Hi,

Which systems are you seeing the defunct processes on?  I'm guessing
its the host running Orca itself and not the hosts running orcallator.
Is this correct?

I'm guessing that you have compressed orcallator output files that
Orca is reading via zcat or bzcat and its not cleaning them up.

Which version of Perl and Orca are you using?  The newer versions may
handle this better?