[Orca-users] Re: Orca problems across NFS

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Fri Aug 17 11:00:10 PDT 2001

You really need to keep the RRD files on a local filesystem.  There
are so many IO operations on this file, the only really fast way to
run it is locally.

You can keep all of the HTML and orcallator.se output files on remote
hosts, in fact this is what I did quite happily, but the RRD files
won't work that well there.

What kind of NFS server do you have?

If you do a truss on orca, you'll see a ton of IO.

Blair