[Orca-users] Memory leak in orcallator.se

Guilherme Carvalho Chehab gchehab at abordo.com.br
Fri Aug 17 13:04:09 PDT 2001

I have been experiencing a very strange thing on one of my servers when run= ning
orcallator.se. When it is started it shows the following error messages:
# /etc/init.d/orcallator start
Writing data into /usr/local/var/orca/orcallator/orca/
Using www access log file /usr/local/apache/logs/access_log
Starting logging
couldn't map disk instances
couldn't obtain disk partition usage

Regardless, it continues to run for some hours, while it is running the sys= tem
memory usage grows very quickly until all available RAM (and swap area, of =
course) are depleted. At this point se fails with a "not enough memory= " message.

I saw someone on the list had the same messages on failure obtaining disk m= ap
and partitions instances. But he didn=B4t mentioned anything regarding memo= ry
problems.

Using the iostat.se distributed with SE Toolkit 3.2 I noted that the fault =
behavior was the same. The server is Ultra 10 (IDE disks) a Solaris 8 upgra= ded
from 2.6 (a lost library, maybe?). And everything else run just fine on the=
machine.

Have anyone had the same problem?

regards
Guilherme

o.com/info/terms/">Yahoo! Terms of Service.