[Orca-users] Re: Format of input file for Orca

Einar Jóhannesson einar at hp.is
Sun Aug 19 05:24:01 PDT 2001

Thanks Blair.
I had already reduced my data to a two column file "timestamp InOctets".

I was not shure orca would read just one line or any number of data
lines.
I then used the orcallator.cfg under $prefix/lib as a sample
plot {
title                   %g Interface Bits Per Second: $1
source                  orcallator
data                    8 * InOctets
line_type               area
legend                  Input
y_legend                Bits/s
color                   00ff00
data_min                0
data_max                10000000

I put my input file into $prefix/var/orca/orcallator/percol-yyyy-mm-dd.
I then tested orca and .......it worked.
I don't know any perl yet, it seems I will soon.

I now have to understand how the %g and $1 are used in the graphs.

Then I will need to plan how to split up my data for each host,
snmpCollected instance and mib variable
(I have all data for ifInOctets for interface 1 for all hosts in one
file called ifInOctets.1 and then ifInOctets.2 for interface
no. 2)
maybe use
$prefix/var/orca/orcallator/host/MIBvariable.instance-yyyy-mm-dd
as the output format when I dump the snmpCollected data.

Einar