[Orca-users] Re: Format of input file for Orca

Einar Johannesson einar at hp.is
Wed Aug 22 03:14:07 PDT 2001

Hi Blair.
I managed to figure out how to use the %g and $1 variables.
I however have a problem creating both graphs for both input and output
data for my router interface on the same graph.  I only get a graph of the router Input traffic
which is the first "data plot" parameter in my plot
The problem is most likely that I have separate files for
the ifInOctets.instance and ifOutOctets.instance.   Do I need to have the data
in the same files or can orca combine data from two into one graph ?

In my case ifInOctets.1-2001-08-22 which has the format of
timestamp ATM1/0ifInOctets
997733286 92.1064
997733586 287.747

and for ifOutOctets it is ifOutOctets.1-2001-08-22 with same format
timestamp ATM1/0ifOutOctets
997733286 120.811
997733586 169.423

In my plot statements in the *.cfg file I put
plot {
title                   %g Interface Bits Per Second: $1
source                  orcallator
data                    8 * (ATM(.*))ifInOctets
data                    8 * $1ifOutOctets
line_type               line1
line_type               area
legend                  Input
legend                  Output
y_legend                Bits/s
color                   ff00ff
color                   0000ff
data_min                0
data_max                100000000
href                    http://myhost.domain/orca/docs/orcallator.html#interface_bits_per_second
}

Einar

--

Með bestu kveðju/Regards

Einar
Einar Johannesson                       tel. 354-570-1000 *
HP Openview Certified Consultant        fax. 354-570-1001 *
HP-UX Support/Consulting             mobile. 354-897-0338 *
Opin Kerfi hf.                      internet: einar at hp.is *
Hofdabakka 9      /                WWW: http://www.hp.is/ *
112 Reykjavik    /_  _                                    *
Iceland         / / /_/ authorized distributor iceland    *
                   /    - Openview authorized partner -   *