[Orca-users] RE: Orcallator Data collection

Robinson, Paul paul.robinson at mail.va.gov
Wed Dec 12 12:59:01 PST 2001

We really like the way data is presented with orca. Not just the graphs but
the nice little zipped up package that has all the days stats. The bean
counters like to be able to get the data in the columnar format provided by
orca and they run it through their own statistical package that they have
developed. I never even see the results of that. I just provide them with a
data feed. We do use sar for specific things but are interested in the
possibility of the orcallator leveraging the SE toolkit to provide the
numbers, zip them up into a neat package & even graph them.

I am not sure of their use for specific processor info.

Great! I am glad to hear that the SE toolkit provides hooks into these
parameters. That will greatly increase the odds of successfully integrating
them into the orcallator :)

Paul