[Orca-users] Re: orcallator.se upgrade

Steve Gilbert gilbert at 8020softwaretools.com
Thu Dec 13 13:19:18 PST 2001

On Thu, 13 Dec 2001, Blair Zajac wrote:

> Steve Gilbert wrote:
> >
> > Hey Blair,
> >         I finally got around to doing my orcallator.se upgrade,
> > and just came across a glitch when firing up Orca for the first
> > time...
> >
> > monitor$ bin/orca -o lib/orcallator.cfg
> > bin/orca: Orca version 0.263 less than required version 0.264 specified in
> > `lib/orcallator.cfg'.
> > bin/orca: loading configuration file `lib/orcallator.cfg' got 1 error(s).
> >
> > ...oh dear.  Do I really need to upgrade my whole Orca installation
> > now?  I know it's the right thing to do, but if not absolutely
> > required, I'd like to get around this if possible for the time being.
> > Thanks a bunch.
>
> You may be able just to edit orcallator.cfg and change the 0.264 to 0.263
> and see if it works.  I don't know if all of the configuration options will
> be understood by the older Orca you are running.

Hmmm...seems to have worked just fine.  No errors were spit out, it
found all the new files, the new System Overview plots are there...
looks good.

I *am* getting the problem of multiple Disk Run Percent plots...one
graph per disk.  The only way to fix that is to actually upgrade
Orca, right?

Thanks!

Steve Gilbert             gilbert at 8020softwaretools.com
80/20 Software Tools      www.8020softwaretools.com
**     Consulting and support for open source        **
** network management and performance analysis tools **