[Orca-users] RE: migration of web pages/images to NT/ IIS

Robinson, Paul paul.robinson at mail.va.gov
Thu Dec 13 14:15:33 PST 2001

Blair for President!

-----Original Message-----
From: Blair Zajac [mailto:blair at orcaware.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2001 4:08 PM
To: orca-users at yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [orca-users] migration of web pages/images to NT/ IIS

"Robinson, Paul" wrote:

> When I migrate the generated web pages to an NT host I have a few graphs
> that do not show up. I think it's a problem with the exceptionally long
> filenames for graphs about such things as disk drives(mount points) with
> systems having lots of them.
>
> Has anyone resolved this issue?
>
> Paul

Paul,

You should be able to set a configuration file option like this:

      max_filename_length      XXX

The default value is 235 characters in a filename (not the whole path).

Note that this affects RRD and HTML files, so if you change the length,
Orca will have to regenerate RRD files that it cannot find.