[Orca-users] Re: Orca after reboot

Blair Zajac blair at gps.caltech.edu
Wed May 23 09:37:13 PDT 2001

Just to clarify, the Orca supplied rc script is for starting
orcallator, not Orca and its smart enough to not start another
orcallator process if it finds one already running.

Did you create an rc script for starting Orca?  If Orca is not
running, you can run orca as you said.

Having a orcallator.cfg.lock directory around means that there's
a running Orca process, or that the process was running and died.
If the orca process is no longer running, then you should delete
the orcallator.cfg.lock directory.