[Orca-users] Re: Out of memory error

prasadjlv at yahoo.com prasadjlv at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 2 05:05:34 PST 2001

Blair,

I have been running Orca0.27b2 continuosly for about 2 weeks on a Sun
E450 with 2 GB of RAM and 1 GB of swap. Also, Orca is monitoring only
this machine.

Orca stops running after it runs out of memory and I end up manually
restarting it. Why does it need that much memory?

Oh! one other thing, Orca is running on Solaris 2.5.1.

--prasad

--- In orca-users at y..., Blair Zajac <blair at o...> wrote:
> prasadjlv at y... wrote:
> >
> > Has any one seen this error:
> >
> > orca.log:Out of memory during "large" request for 266240 bytes,
total
> > sbrk() is 356677792 bytes
at /export/home/orca/lib/Orca/ImageFile.pm
> > line 318.
> >
> > I am running Orca0.27b2.
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > --prasad
>
> This looks like it ran out of memory when it was creating an PNG
image (if
> you look at where /export/home/orca/lib/Orca/ImageFile.pm is).
Also, it