[Orca-users] Re: Compressed "percol" files--safe to remove?

Rusty Carruth rcarruth at Tempe.ate.slb.com
Fri Nov 9 08:17:09 PST 2001

dtitzer at servicebench.com wrote:

> Is there a reason to keep compressed percol files? What's a reasonable time
> for recycling those bits?

As Blair said, its just history.  If you never care to recreate
history, delete them.

If you, like me, are a history buff (of the data kind!), stick them
on CD and delete them from the hard drive (after compressing!).

However, if you expect to ever have to kill percol and restart it,
I think that your plots will probably not have that info if you've
deleted those files (certainly this will be true if you also delete
the rrd files).

Which may or may not imply that you want to keep them for a year...

rc