[Orca-users] Re: Nightly "did exist and is now gone" email messages

Leewa leewa2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 15 09:36:11 PST 2001

Douglas, Blair,

    I have just installed orca 0.27b2 with
orcallator.se version 1.32 and orcallator.cfg version
1.32.  I have it running on an Ultra 60 just to test
out orca.  I'm pretty much running orca with
essentially the default configuration.  The only
exceptions would be the locations of the RRD files and
HTML files.  Seems to work nicely, but I am getting
same e-mails as Douglas describes.  The last few
nights I've had e-mails sent to me around 12:00am,
12:06am, and 12:11am.  The e-mails aren't really a
problem, but like Douglas says, I would rather be
getting "real" e-mail failure messages.  I'm not sure
why I'm getting these messages.  I'll continue to let
my test system run and see if it is consistent.

    Oh, I should say that I am running both the
orcallator.se and orca programs on the same system.  I
store all of the RRD data locally and write out the
HTML files to a separate remote NFS mount which is the
local disks for our web server which hosts those
resulting pages.

Wayne Lee
Systems Administrator
Amerada Hess Corp.
"UNIX_IS_ user friendly, its just picky about who its
friends are."

--- Douglas Valkenaar <workmail at valkenaar.net> wrote:
> At 07:48 PM 11/8/01, Blair Zajac wrote:
> >Douglas Valkenaar wrote:

> orcallator I'm receiving

`/proj/atria/etc/orcallator/trout/orcallator-2001-11-06-000'